Painting Furniture Tips

DIY Epoxy Countertops

UPDATE: For More Details On Epoxy Countertops please CLICK HERE This is the full tutorial on my Website letspaintfurniture.com :)

WOW! When I first started our kitchen Reno I thought putting in concrete or granite or quartz countertops would be no big deal! Like, how expensive could it REALLY be? The first estimate for concrete countertops was a little over $4,000. Granite was a little closer to $6,000 and I soon realized we could not afford either!!! So I quickly had to come up with a plan B. Okay, this was like plan Q bc epoxy countertops was never a thought in my head. 

It took me close to 2 months of scouring the Internet and Pinterest before I found something that looked affordable and durable and beautiful. I came across Raising A Farmhouse Blog . She updated her Granite countertops with Stone Coat Countertops Epoxy. Her countertops are GORGEOUS and stunning! And she put epoxy over Granite! Surely, I could do this over laminate!? 

After hours of watching youtube video's (which I still watch! ;) I finally got the courage to order the epoxy! I purchased their sample size to play around with it. Their sample size is $50. Perfect to test it out! I made a sample board WITHOUT measuring my Hardener and Resin proportionality and I failed! lol. I had sticky epoxy that was never going to dry bc I did not measure appropriately! 

I learned my lesson and SUPER thankful I didn't just try this on our kitchen counters without practicing first! Try number 2, I mixed according to the directions!! ;) And it worked!!! I had epoxy that hardened over night! For the design I used black rustoleum spray paint with some gold and silver! :) My husband was terrified I would burn the house down with a torch. So, I had to use a heat gun to pop all of the bubbles in the epoxy. But, even that worked GREAT! It's been a little over a year and our countertops have held up wonderfully!!! Did I mention we have 5 kids!?!!?


Sanded, primed and ready for epoxy!

Countertops after Epoxy and design

Dried Epoxy Countertops!!

Picture after Clear coat of Epoxy 


8 comments:

  1. How did the epoxy settle against the wall? I’m worried about the part against the wall getting thick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember your chemistry classes and laboratory classes during high school? The rooms are fitted with specially-designed countertops, however, these are different from the ones that you see in most homes. https://timberridgedesigns.com/diy-epoxy-countertops-the-perfect-solution-for-resin-worktops/

    ReplyDelete
  3. When your website or blog goes live for the first time, it is exciting. That is until you realize no one but you and your. https://timberridgedesigns.com/epoxy-coating-for-wood-a-diy-guide-to-clear-casting-epoxy-resin-for-wood/

    ReplyDelete

  4. I feel really happy to see your webpage here and i spend a lot of time reading here.Same as your blog i found another one Sohman Epoxy.Actually I was looking for the same information on internet for YD 128 and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. Thanks once more for your creative ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply wish to say your article is as astonishing. The clarity in your post is simply great, and I could assume you are an expert on this subject. Same as your blog i found another one Sohman Epoxy .Actually I was looking for the same information on internet for
    Polyetheramine
    and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. Thanks a million and please keep up the gratifying work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply wish to say your article is as astonishing. The clarity in your post is simply great, and I could assume you are an expert on this subject. Same as your blog i found another one Sohman Epoxy .Actually I was looking for the same information on internet for
    BCA
    and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. Thanks a million and please keep up the gratifying work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this informative content. Wall mounted drying rack manufacturer and supplier offers high quality Durcon lab Equipment, Epoxy Pegboards and drying racks. We use materials from Durcon and other leading manufacturers.
    Laboratory drying racks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice information, the blog is really informative. Here's another informative content for those who looking for draining rack laboratory, after using there service I must say they are the best one in the business

    ReplyDelete

How To Stencil Furniture

Who doesn't love stenciling!?!? Stenciling is probably one of my favorite things to do to a piece of furniture! Stenciling can add ...

Most Popular Posts