Painting Furniture Tips

DIY: How To Paint A File Cabinet



A cute place to store paperwork!?! Yes! I'm in! Anything to make the bills look better, right? Ha. I found this file cabinet at a flea market in Jonesboro, AR. It was tucked away in the back, I noticed it was only $15 so I went figured I could do a quick furniture paint job and resell this guy!

I painted the file cabinet in Annie Sloan's Graphite and used Modern Masters Metallic paint on the flowers and Modern Masters patina paint on the handles. The flower stencil I purchased from Royal Design Studio. I LOVE their stencils. They are super durable. If your kiddos happen to pick one up and shake it a bunch like its a Moroccan the stencil will still be intact!! Whooho!

Have fun with it! I recommend Jolie Paint, Annie Sloan Paint and Dixie Belle's paint for painting a file cabinet because I know they adhere well to METAL without any problems later down the road!







No comments:

Post a Comment

How To Stencil Furniture

Who doesn't love stenciling!?!? Stenciling is probably one of my favorite things to do to a piece of furniture! Stenciling can add ...

Most Popular Posts