Painting Furniture Tips

How to Brighten Natural Wood!

Oh this little table! I (of course) fell in love with this guy when I saw him at a local flea market! (So our town has like 10-15 AWESOME flea markets) I snagged this table for $17! The top was painted in a black latex paint and my original idea was to bring it back to its natural beautiful wood! As I began peeling the layer of latex paint off I noticed GIANT water damage. At this time I opted to continue to get the latex black paint off and put on a NEW fresh coat of Annie Sloan's Graphite Chalk paint! :) Thankfully it worked like a charm! I was able to brighten the legs and shelf up with HEMP oil by Miss Mustard seed. It's soaks in beautifuly to the natural wood for a shiny and bright finish! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

How To Stencil Furniture

Who doesn't love stenciling!?!? Stenciling is probably one of my favorite things to do to a piece of furniture! Stenciling can add ...

Most Popular Posts