Painting Furniture Tips

How to Gray Wash Furniture


Have you heard of white washing furniture? Everyone loves a white wash! But, let's have a little fun and do a gray wash!! 

The piece below I painted for a clients guest bedroom. I painted the piece in Annie Sloan's French Linen, then I did a gray wash of Paris Gray. 

You can do a wash in several different ways. I prefer to use a bowl of water and lightly dip the end of my brush's bristles into the PAINT first and then into the bowl of water. You do not want it to be drippy. So not too much water! Then you lightly make brush strokes up and down on top of your base coat color. You can also use a shop towel to wipe of any excess water and to blot down the paint a bit. :)







1 comment:

  1. you did a great attempt to discover different options for our furniture washing.... cheap furniture

    ReplyDelete

How To Stencil Furniture

Who doesn't love stenciling!?!? Stenciling is probably one of my favorite things to do to a piece of furniture! Stenciling can add ...

Most Popular Posts