Painting Furniture Tips

How to Paint A Chandelier



Oh my goodness!! Painted. Chandelier!?! Yes!!

I was painting a client's china cabinet and dinning room table when she started telling me how she was going to take down her Chandelier and spray spray it white. I told her that we could just chalkpaint it! And then she wouldn't have to take it all down...take all the crystals off...etc...etc...

She said yes!!! So, I used a small bristle brush and Annie Sloan's Old White chalk paint and I dry brushed. This Chandelier has probably close to 5 coats of Old White dry brushed on it. I think it's important to dry brush because you want to make sure the natural details of the chandelier still stand out. If you put thick layers of paint on it, it is going to hide the pretty details! :) What do you think!?!






No comments:

Post a Comment

How To Stencil Furniture

Who doesn't love stenciling!?!? Stenciling is probably one of my favorite things to do to a piece of furniture! Stenciling can add ...

Most Popular Posts